A little more about us
The Derbyshire Bereavement Hub was created in the summer of 2015 to bring together organisations offering free services to support bereaved people living in Derby city and Derbyshire.
Members of the Hub provide between them, a wide range of services from 1-1 support, groups, programmes and specialist provision for different types of bereavement. You can find out more about the different services here.
'The whole experience has made a very difficult and painful situation easier to manage.’
The Hub members meet quarterly to network, share ideas and learning and keep up-to-date with local and national developments.
The Derbyshire Bereavement Hub is affiliated to the National Bereavement Alliance and as such the Hub members are signed up to the nationally agreed Bereavement Care Service Standards, which can be found here.
The Derbyshire Bereavement Hub has the following vision, principles and aims.
Derbyshire Bereavement Hub is a group of people and organisations who are passionate about supporting bereaved people in Derbyshire and committed to developing best practice
We are committed to enabling Derbyshire to be a community in which dealing with death, dying, bereavement and loss in a healthy and positive way is seen as part of ordinary life
- A broad based collaborative approach
- Focus on learning and best practice
- Peer support
- Engaging with the diverse range of people in Derbyshire, across generations, cultures, lifestyles and needs
- To provide best quality bereavement care to people in Derbyshire
- To share best practice /knowledge /research /ideas /resources /training both within the hub and externally
- To raise public awareness of available services
- To be a support network for bereavement services working within Derbyshire
- To act as a united voice in relation to bereavement issues